Chartered Institute of Housing
Involvement in Housing and Communities
Level 2 Award
Course aims and objectives:
• To provide you with a basic understanding of housing and community action
• To recognise some of the skills and knowledge necessary to participate in housing and community activities
• To prepare for further study and/or employment
Tuesdays 10am to 3pm
19 January 2016 to 17 May 2016
19 January to 9 February (4 weeks)
23 February to 22 March (5 weeks)
12 April to 17 May (6 weeks)
Half term holiday: 16 February
Easter holiday: 29 March to 5 April
Further directed learning will be required throughout the course. This includes teacher directed learning and use of the computer suite for completion of assessments.
Saturday 23 April 2016
High Trees Community Development Trust,
220 Upper Tulse Hill, SW2 2NS
Tel: 020 8671 3132
What the course will cover
• The range of services provided by housing organisations and other groups and agencies for the community.
• Understanding and engaging with different groups that makes up neighbourhoods.
• Recognising opportunities for and participating in community activities. Developing the skills and knowledge required to do so.
How I will learn and be assessed
• When you first start the course there will be an initial assessment
• The programme takes a blended learning approach with exclusive access to dedicated e-learning materials, comprehensive course materials and face to face support sessions.
• Portfolio based – you will need to complete the criteria for all the units in order to complete the course successfully.
• Access to CIH resources and materials will be available to you to support your learning.
Will I gain a qualification?
The qualification has a value of 8 credits
What could this course lead to?
This course will enable you to progress onto to CIH certificate level 3, employment in the social housing sector, increased understanding of the management your homes and Tenants and Resident Associations and your local community.
How much does it cost?
Nil – for Lambeth Council housing residents.
Please bring a notebook, pen and pencil.