Do you work with unemployed young people age 16-24?
Do you know young people who have a passion for bikes and mechanics?
Do you know young people who may want to get qualified as a bike mechanic?
IF YES, THEN THIS IS THE OPPORTUNITY FOR THEM!
This is an amazing opportunity for unemployed young people from Lambeth to receive training and support to achieve the essential qualification to start their career as a bike mechanic. The training is 100% fully funded and is FREE for the young people. This package of training would normally cost over £1500 per person.
Over the coming months we will be training 24 young people from Lambeth to be qualified bike mechanics and then supporting them to get started into work in the sector.
There will also be basic bike mechanics trainings for a much larger group of young people who are interested in bikes but do not want a career in this sector.
What training is on offer?
There are 3 levels of training.
1. Foundation Training (1 day) – This is an intro to basic bicycle maintenance
2. Advanced Training (2 days) – An advanced bike maintenance training day and a full day of specialist personal development and life-skills training
3. Level 2 City and Guilds Certificate in Cycle Mechanics (15 days bike mechanics training and 2 days of personal development training) –
Full comprehensive training programme leading to a professional qualification allowing them to work as a cycle mechanic. Some post training support will also be provided to help them transition into work.
Included in the Advanced Training and City & City and Guilds training they first need to complete the Foundation and Advanced training workshops.
Who this Training is aimed at
• Lambeth residents age 16 – 24
• Young people currently not in Education, Employment or Training
• Passionate about bikes and/or bicycle maintenance
• Interested in starting a career in the bike sector
• Strong desire to develop themselves, gain new skills and build on existing ones