Download the PDF here: sep2016-tranewsletter
Council residents were well represented amongst the winners in the 2016 Community Pride awards held earlier this month at the Oval. It included:
- Resident of the year – Molly Sinclair, Roupell Estate
- Bringing your neighbourhood together – Pat Broderick, Weir Estate
- Best private garden – Cindy Kemp, Clapham Road
- Best food growing project – Edmundsbury Court Estate
Other residents who made the finals were:
- Best private garden – Sonia Cooper (Cressingham), Mr & Mrs Morris (Caldwell Gardens) and Edwin Monteverde (Edmundsbury)
- Best community garden – Edmundsbury Court Estate
- Best food growing project – Lairdale Estate
- Young resident of the year – Rianne Yeboah-Cornelius (Holderness Estate)
The judging was done by independent panels consisting of Incredible Edible Lambeth, the London Gardens Society and the Mayor’s Panel who included the Fire and Police Borough Commanders, High Trees, South London Islam Centre as well as local councillors.
Congratulations to all our finalists and especially the winners. Well done and well deserved. Look out for 2017’s awards next year!
Lambeth world cup
Portobello under 12s bring home the cup!
The football project managed by Activat8-n-crea8 & overseen by Renee from Mountearl Estate TRA had an excellent world cup tournament. Teams from Portobello, Mountearl, Fern Lodge, and Sackville Estates were submitted for the annual tournament and Mountearl and Sackville reached their respective semi finals with Portobello going one further and winning theirs.
There were also two teams from the North managed by the European Football Academy who we fund. Drawn largely from the Vauxhall Gardens Estate, one of the teams won the fair play award.
Vauxhall Gardens Estate TRA are exploring the possibilities of initiating a street market. We’ll keep you posted but above is what it might look like!
We are very pleased to welcome the following who have recently started and join the growing number of properties covered by TRAs.
They are Our Patch (Camberwell), Greenham Close and Frazier Street (Waterloo), Kennings Estate (Kennington) and Queenswood Court (Norwood).
A full list of TRAs is on our website.