Building on the work of the Equality Commission, Lambeth Council is holding a large disability themed engagement event on the afternoon of 27 June from 2-5pm,in the Assembly Hall, Lambeth Town Hall.
The aim of the event is to:
- Focus on how the council can address Equality Commission recommendations around:
- Awareness and understanding of disability
- Participation and representation of disabled people
- How services are delivered for disabled people
- Equality of opportunity for disabled people
- Underrepresentation of disabled people in leadership
- Update you on the work the council is doing to address barriers facing disabled residents and staff
- Give you a chance to speak directly to council staff working in areas we know are important to disabled people
You’ll hear from leaders within the council and external partners and be able to contribute your views in themed workshops. These will be themed by areas identified by the Equality Commission as being important to disabled people.
There will also be a range of information stalls on the day for you to visit, as well as the chance to network with stakeholders from across the borough!
The event is for disabled residents, carers and organisations working with disabled people throughout Lambeth. Please share this invite to any stakeholders who you think would be interested in coming along to this event!
The venue is fully accessible, please see this link for details: https://www.disabledgo.com/access-guide/london-borough-of-lambeth/lambeth-town-hall
Please click this link to register: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/disability-2018-time-for-change-lambeth-equality-commission-tickets-46569317081
Bethan Hope-Evans | Policy and Partnerships | Corporate Resources | London Borough of Lambeth | Lambeth Town Hall | Brixton Hill | SW2 1RW | 020 7926 6793